Friday, August 24, 2018

What can I say?


M suggested I entitle this "Never Again". 
But nearly losing one's breakfast after one's first ride (Behemoth) has a tendency to sour one's perspective. I, on the other hand, stayed on firm ground, Marilla-like, and let the others "dare away"; plus I experienced the exhilaration of relief that none of my worst fears were realized - no one was kidnapped, no one fell out of a roller coaster, no roller coasters were under-engineered and collapsed the one day my children happened to be riding on them, and we didn't run out of snacks. So I think it was a pretty good day, with some good memories forged, despite it not being our usual formula for family-memory making. (And I think M ended up having a pretty good time, too.)


 The kids loved it & I did get on a few rides with them (White Water Canyon is still my fave). But I also just enjoyed just hanging out with this little guy, and taking him on the lazy river and the water slides and the jalopies and other fun rides for little people and their not-so-adventurous mommies (or daddies). 



 The Bat - my first roller coaster ride, back in the day - used to look so big! 





 Windseeker

 Great Canadian Minebuster