Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Scenes

The soft click of the front door woke me up, and when I peeked out the window I was not surprised to see a little boy in a bull hat clearing the driveway for Daddy.
 My sisters and I also used to play around the tree. There's so much scope for the imagination there!
 Daddy thinks it is adorable that this guy races for the fridge every time we open it. While Zay checks out the syrup and the salsa, Daddy just stands by and coos and tells me I should take a picture...





 Mom and Dad and Marguerite came for a visit and celebrated our November birthdays.




 Marike pleaded for a Bible for her birthday. She really, reeeeaaally wanted one, but I ordered one a little late, and it is going to be a Christmas present instead. So if she looks rather thoughtful over this gift of a Bible case, it may be that she is privately thinking that this is like getting the cart before the horse...
But it will be pretty fun to see her reaction when she gets her own Bible for in the case!


There is a tremendous amount of Christmas spirit around here, and the kids even took it upon themselves to go carolling. They asked to play outside, bundled up and went out the back door, then stealthily slipped around to the front yard and rang our doorbell. :)