Sunday, September 29, 2019

September School Sampler

Having an "S" themed day-after-Labour-Day was a quick and easy way to launch into school in a fun way after being gone on holidays for most of the prior month. In fact, it was so simple that I figured we could handle making Theme Day a weekly event - thus the inauguration of "Mystery Mondays". 

One rainy Monday was "R" day, and these two dressed up like Ridgerunners (characters from a book published by Rabbit Room Press). 


I was Reepicheep.
Wills was a Robber dressed in Red, and Jim was Robespierre (the French Revolutionary). M figured he could just be Ronald Reagan in his after-work t-shirt. 

The Robber, Ridgerunners, and Robespierre talked me into serving Ribs. You can see how much fun this becomes...
After dinner Wills got to hear the next installment of "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness" read by one of the very same creatures featured in the book. 
It doesn't get any better than this. 

For "A" day, Marike was Anne of Green Gables. 

 Anna was Anna. :)  
(from Frozen)

In this way we've been just coasting along. We started in a state of disorder, and I have to admit there has been little-to-no progress out of that state (I haven't even printed up school schedules this year!), but somehow we're staying more or less on top of the school work and having some fun in the process. 
It has its ups and downs, but I think I rather like this homeschooling life again.