Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Shore in Winter

We're trying to resist the temptation to stay curled up on the couch every day, all day, under an ultra-cosy blanket, near an ultra-cosy blazing fire, with an ultra-cosy Boofy.
  
For his part, Isaiah is quite happy to sit cosily thus so long as there are picture books to be read, with tales of MR TICKLE, Peter de Hooper, Sneetches, "Lappadapine" (Lightning McQueen),  and the like; all of which end with a cheery "amen" on his part. (I'm not sure if I shouldn't be scandalized by that or not. But I almost feel as if I could say amen to some of those Dr. Suess books myself.)

Since we aren't bears, however, we have to force ourselves off the couch and out the door once in a while for some fresh air and exercise.
Outside is the gift of the beauty of this place we call home. Almost four years living here, and I'm still in awe of it. "Could this beauty be for us?" (from the Magic Hour, Andrew Peterson)
As our pastor preached in a recent sermon (https://www.livinghopeopc.ca/sermons/dying-in-faith/), this is only a foretaste of what's to come. Abraham was promised a great land, and we've been promised a greater.


Father Abraham
Do you remember when
You were called to a land
And didn't know the way


'Cause we are wandering
In a foreign land
We are children of the
Promise of the faith


And I long to find it
Can you feel it, too?



That the sun that's shining
Is a shadow of the truth



This is a far country, a far country
Not my home



I was made to go there
Out of this far country
To my home, to my home 



(Andrew Peterson)