...William turned ten!
His birthday guests obligingly went along with a medieval theme.
(I'm just not sure what's with the red hockey stick...)
I love the expression on my little girl's face as she made her appearance, all dressed up.
(No, I wasn't taking pictures during prayer. She was blinking. :))
Going for a serious pose here. Matty is good at this. Willie... not so much.
Joseph was the main party planner. He decorated the table with these knights.
After lunch he delivered an urgent letter for King William. The King and his men were needed to hunt down a dragon egg before it could hatch....
A series of clues led ultimately to the kitchen. Little did the lords and lady know that the dinosaur egg was already in the big pot ready to be boiled. They searched high and low...
Finally, the princess had an inspiration and pointed a finger at the pot. Yay! The egg was found!
There was no time to lose. The egg was taken outside...
...where they took turns hacking it to pieces.
Afterwards, Joseph did his magic show.
He was resplendent in royal robes. This would have made the show extra cool except it turned out that foot-wide sleeves aren't conducive to slight of hand, and floor-length robes have a way of knocking props over and revealing tricks of the trade.
Thus it turned out to be a bit more of a comedy than usual. :)
(I love how Matty is always so expressive. :))
Finally the King and his guests sat down for birthday cupcakes.
Happy birthday, dear William!